-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Monday, June 21, 2021

got these before the rain started again

I know you guys really wanna see pix of my yard. 😂


This is spaghetti squash with cherry tomato behind it.




First year we've had 5 stalks come up on this yucca. I'm originally from New Mexico, so when we built here, the first plant I had Scott install was a yucca. This one is at least 27 years old.




It is the matriarch/patriarch of all these spreading around. Don't worry, we own that, too.




Every year we get loads of butterflies because of bushes like this one. They grow huge, so we shave them back a bit every year to start over.




Awesomeness.


If you want really rich eggless homemade ice cream, mix 1 c heavy cream, 2 cans evaporated milk (do NOT use low fat or skim), 3/4 c sugar, and a double splash of real vanilla. Stir and let sit a little and stir again until all the sugar granules are dissolved, then put it into an ice cream maker. Make sure you use enough salt on the ice to set it up. Once the ladder is getting stiff, pour off into a covered bowl and freeze till hard. This batch in the pic is fresh out of the ice cream maker. If you don't have an ice cream maker, not to worry! Pour your batch straight into a covered dish and freeze, making sure there is enough room in the dish to pull it out and stir it up every half hour to break down any ice crystals forming. Consistency when frozen might be a little different from an ice cream maker, but very yumtastic. This is a great recipe to add to. Many times we've crushed a row of oreos into it before loading the ice cream maker. Last time I finely chopped mint chocolate to put into it. Many kinds of hard candy or crunchy cookies will work, just make sure you break it up enough so that it can all easily stir through the ladder in the ice cream maker. I've not tried fruit or flavored syrups (mmm, strawberry syrup would be yum!), but I imagine they'd work great, too.


This little human showed up over the weekend. 💗





So did about 8000 readers on the old pinky blog. o_O This is an all-time shot, so it doesn't show June yet until June ends, so it looks like May. It's June. The last 7 days have been... surprising. I wanted to see if that had ever happened before. Anyway, the same thing is happening again as last time, repeat group hits over and over that don't make normal sense, so I must have irked somebody again. If it's some kind of message, I'm not that smart, may as well chill. When it happened in 2017 I wrote an open letter to possibly a real person, but I'm not going to mess with that this time. Back then, one person stepped up and lol'd about how maybe someone is just really enjoying my blog, which yes, I do sprinkle lots of candy that pulls in a few extra clicks, but anyone clicking that much is, forgive me, either insanely obsessive or maddeningly trolling without any kind of reward, which seems even more mental. I sincerely doubt anyone is pulling open my blog so much just to see a few random fanvids, and half the posts being pulled open barely say anything, so it's not like anyone is basking in my keen wisdom or delightful humor. The only thing I can tie it to at all is me pushing the Stefani post on twitter and then exposing the statback on the same blog, so... whatever. If I'm supposed to get a message out of that, spell it out because I'm busy. Well, I'm probably not paying enough attention to even get a message. Guys, I had my phone muted and even off for hours while my daughter was having a baby because I am so bad to forget things and not feel time passing and space out doing stuff. So if I'm not paying attention to my own offspring extending my genetic material further into the future, I'm definitely not paying attention to anyone I don't even know trying to get my attention.


Case in point, I actually abandoned Elvenar for this yesterday. My phone was nowhere near me and the ringer was off and I finally remembered I had to go reset my shops.



I'm literally HR in meemaw form. Don't let the blogging fool you.



I have a list of things I want to get done today, and I'm realizing I haven't had any breakfast yet. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment