-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Friday, September 18, 2020

Creepy Tom, Part 1


All righty, guys, back on my Tom Watch where we find out how many movies and TV shows Tom Cavanagh has shaved and/or brushed his teeth in. Since we're coming up on Halloween season, I thought why not brace myself for creepy Tom, right. He's obviously not into hygiene in 400 Days, but that doesn't mean we can't take a look at what's going on. Tom Watch updates will be posted on SyfyDesigns.com at Tom Cavanagh- My Tom Watch Challenge.

All my screenshots were taken with my phone while I was watching TV, so you're getting it pretty raw between the tech flaws. Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."  Personal Disclaimer- This is an UNmonetized personal blog. I make no money here, and I have nothing to do with potential Tom Cavanagh projects. I am not staff to anyone, nor an employer. I do not represent anyone who has ever been involved in Tom Cavanagh's career or merchandise associated with Tom Cavanagh. I am not currently selling merchandise or receiving compensation for link swapping and sharing. In future any internet sales I do will be handled through my official facebook page, dotcom, and specified twitter accounts. All my other blogs are personal and not for profit. I will never ask for or accept donations for anything I do online. If you find a site asking for money in my name, that is NOT me.

Ok, where were we?



Creepy Tom Part 1 finds us psychologically disturbed in the weirdest mystery thriller I've seen in awhile, and it's really too bad this one isn't available for free youtube viewing for the movie gang because the chat would be awesome. I'm not going to do a real recap and actually spoil it, but there might be a few giveaways you'd regret, so close your eyes when you see words and just open them for the screenshots if you are super anti-spoilers.

The main cast is a little grumpy by the time we see them here on the 398th day. We've already gone through major wtf and discovered that this experiment might not have been an experiment after all, and we're still way up in the air whether we are even still on planet. If you're a trivia buff, πŸ‘‰click.πŸ‘ˆ

Main cast-
Caity Lotz as Emily
Dane Cook as Dvorak
Brandon Routh as Theo
Ben Feldman as Bug

If you're an Arrowverse fan, it's fun watching Caity and Brandon 'out of character'. I was glued to every scene just because I was so familiar with them already. Part of the mystery was what the crap was up with their pasts and how that kept affecting them. The experiment was about locking a space crew into a mock ship together for 400 days to see how well they'd survive tough situations and difficult choices together. For awhile I wasn't too bothered because it was all so typical cheap bad thriller, but by the time they made it out to this table (yes, outside the ship), I was wracking my brain what could possibly really be going on, because the writing and especially acting was good enough to keep me anxiously riveted waiting for other shoes to drop any second.



Other creepy people were around, as well. They didn't seem fake or controlled or zombied, but they certainly weren't forthcoming, either. In fact, they lent a dangerous atmosphere to an otherwise empty feeling unsolvable situation. Do they have answers???

Dominic Bogart as Sketch


The set detail was intriguing enough that I couldn't get bored through scenes like these. Seriously, I couldn't decide whether part of the earth had literally been scooped up or walled in or what, but the moon dust checked out as real and the atmosphere was so thin that oxygen deprivation was a challenge. 



I'm skipping lots of stuff. Let's get to creepy Tom. In true thriller fashion, we get the re-intro where we absolutely know THIS is not a nice guy. His name is Zell and he runs a diner in that weird possibly off-world ghost town with other creepy people in it who may or may not be who we thought they were, and our first question is what could they possibly be serving in a ghost town diner??? πŸ˜³πŸ˜¬πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜¦ Are they role playing to add to the experiment? We're in day 399 here.



Forgive the phone shots, but since I'm not a webmaster for a fansite on this one, you get quickies. Dunno if you guys have seen Tom jogging, but I call this jogger hair, which adds major creep factor when you start wondering if he got the hair ties off someone he killed. He's got one around his left wrist, too. We don't know who he was before this big bad mystery happened, but we definitely know he's not the diner owner like he plays out because Bug found a menu with a picture of the real owners on it.



Tom has serious dead eye. I do not want to meet this guy anywhere.



Add a creepy smile...



Happy Halloween! πŸŽƒ But wait, there's more!

I'll be honest, since we moved the TV across the house, I limited my screenshot time because we have sunlight windows and this movie is hell on reflecting. I'm going to add to this hopefully over the weekend. Nothing like creeping slowly through a creepy Tom watch, but real life. 😎 Yes, I'm not done with the movie yet at all. If you can't wait, just search for 400 Days in the shopping section, I can see a used one for $1.45, other prices that include free shipping from eBay and VUDU, Walmart has it for ten bucks. You know what to do. πŸ’‹ Laterz.


No comments:

Post a Comment