-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Thursday, September 2, 2021

really

Me on another planet last month.

All righty, then, wassup? I felt so organized yesterday writing some stuff out, today I'm all over the place unable to settle after watching The Capture of the Green River Killer, which I wanna review asap but can't seem to focus any more today. The movie was really good, although really long because it was a 2-parter, but by the time it was done my anxiety was sky high because it constantly triggered my friend's murder. Got really good screencaps, though.

Really. Lotta reallys in that paragraph.

Part of the time problem involved my house still being sans AC, as in it still hasn't been replaced yet. Most of the summer, no AC in this house. When I got home from Texas, this house was nearly 90 degrees on the inside. I probably mentioned before I left weeks ago that I was camping out in my bedroom with a window unit. Well, that's just dang boring, so this morning was cool enough to open all the windows and chill down to 70 in the house, ideal for hanging out on my couch with a movie. Except I didn't know the movie was 2 parts, and by the time I got done with it, with all my extra pausing and jumping up to do things, it was nearly 80 degrees inside the house with the windows open and I was very uncomfortable. I'm sure that didn't help the antsy anxiety I couldn't seem to hold off.

So now I'm all brainless camping out back in my bedroom with the window unit and loathing the idea of getting a nap after a nightmare just before I woke up this morning about being shot and very very angry and having to drive myself toward a hospital during a car chase. Not a clue where that even came from. I didn't have any nightmares like that the whole time I was in Texas, which was 26 days. No idea why Missouri is the nightmare state.

I did lose 7 pounds there, though, which is proof it's possible, so now that I've got a new behavior model for that, I'm attempting to keep it in place here to see if that can continue, so basically mimic round the clock baby care... 😂 I walked the floor a lot holding the weight of a bowling ball in my arms, and I was on baby shift every 3-4 hours trading off, accidentally skipping meals, so even though I ate all the ice cream I wanted, I LOST 7 POUNDS. That threw my ice cream law right out the window. I did, however, take my vitamins religiously every single day, and I made sure I was getting plenty of protein and water. I don't dare slide back into complacency back at home now. I've been doing spontaneous walking loops around the house as if it were baby time, keeping it short because it's hot out there and then ducking back in my room to pilfer around picking up stuff. Got nearly all my stuff unpacked, washed up, organized, drawers rearranged.

I also barely got any coffee in Texas. My Batman gets hives around coffee grounds, so I drank one cup of weak instant coffee every morning before he got up for school, and I say weak because I like strong coffee and found out you don't just double instant coffee without serious caffeine nausea kicking back. Came back home to strong coffee and about made myself sick, so I think I'll be quite happy with a quarter cup, like a few sips and then just get on with my day. I bravely fought to keep drinking coffee but after that nightmare this morning (I fell back asleep after my early morning coffee), I really need to let that humorous addiction go. That was not a pleasant way to wake back up again. Heart Attacks for Dummies, 101.

While I was in Texas I saw the Lego and Lego Batman movies umpteen times, so the Everything Is Awesome song is in my head like a big, bad earworm. They were really cute movies, but I'm afraid it completely changed my world view and now I'm indoctrinated beyond saving. Admit it, Superman could never have pulled off as cool a lego movie as Batman...

I also took my season one The Flash and indoctrinated them right back, and it was super awesome watching newbies flip flopping through every episode trying to figure out the Dr. Wells angle. It was all I could do not to blurt anything, totally brought back memories from the live tweet days when the entire world was flip flopping on twitter the first time we all saw the very first season.

I would post awesomely cute baby pix, but so many weird strangers seem to have access to my unlisted phone number somehow (what are the odds that 30 different publishing agencies across the nation and Canada would have my phone number but no one else does?) that I think it prudent to just skip to the song.



No comments:

Post a Comment