-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Monday, July 6, 2020

coin shortage

Having fun with world edit

That was the original nearly ground level guardian spawner I claimed on custom world Haven before it was world edited over to a replacement server Valhalla and built into a beautiful redstone operation by another player. When the claim expired, I locked it into an infinity claim after I became ranked high enough in staff to do so, and now that I'm a techmod, I made a copy to event world for other staff to make schematicas of it for their own worlds if they desire.

I knew the coin shortage was a thing, but I didn't realize it was literally affecting down to a micro level. I've always been the sort to cash in my change bowl every month, usually get about $40 out of it, last time was $21. Likewise, I've been spending down the spare cash I had on hand for months, or depositing it to pay things off electronically. Money as we know it will soon be useless. Not sure how soon, but they've stopped minting coins. All those years of pennies and other coins I've picked up from floors and parking lots and all over break rooms and whatnot, turning them into egg mcmuffins, sheets of stamps, even a tank of gas- all that is nearly over as we know it. Is the mainstream media even talking about it? Not really.

I ran into an article a couple days ago about old coins being melted down for the silver and new gold coins coming. "We are going to get new gold coins in high denominations $5,000, $10,000, $15,000, $20,000 gold coins. They are not collectible but would be used as legal tender." Cool, huh? You could literally pay for a car in coins out of your pocket.

Money. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment