-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Saturday, July 4, 2020

independently yummy




I own way too much land on server. Decided to subdivide so new players can get free protected areas to start out on. I may pretty it up around the plots.

Found a great live stream for the Mt Rushmore fireworks last night, really crisp hi def filming. 


Hit a fibro flare snag yesterday, likely the storm totally popping up practically over the house and rolling off in varying directions dumping rain around us but not actually on us. Weird. Scott had to dig around left shoulder blade like the old days, then I hit the heating pad, seemed to solve it but took about an hour. No pain pills, pretty rough. That is the last big nerve damage area, that left side that was micro shredded in the wreck skull down to left side throughout torso (no bones broken, just major hyperflexing while ejecting), and the last of the damage going through years of physical therapy. The nerves take the longest to heal. Definitely felt that flare up without the gabapentin cushioning it. I think tonight is the 7th day since the last time I took any. I've read up to 10 days withdrawal even tapering down to lowest dose first. Guess we'll see what happens.

Was really interesting watching that flare nearly roll me off the depression cliff. Pure brain chemicals. Pain overload -->> fatigue -->> brain drain -->> emotional response challenges. I gave myself today off and went back to bed for awhile, seemed to help much more than the extra cup of coffee and pain med I used to do in the past.

I'm going to say something very surprising.

I have really enjoyed having Scott around the house all week.

Usually by now I'm ready to get back to our routine, and I really thought the final leap off the gabapentin would make it more challenging, but quite the opposite is happening. To be very clear, this is the first time I've been off pain meds in Jacky mode (Pinky took over for years) and we honestly may have never even known each other like this. Pain meds always jerked my mood swings around, several have commented on it and fortunately lived to see another day, so this is the first time in nearly 27 years married that Scott is getting my flat effect personality with no meds in the way messing up brain chemicals, as in screwing up my natural biorhythm, and no kids in the way stressing us out. We always wondered what our lives would have been like if we'd met each other before all the other junk happened first in our lives.

Interesting.

And we've been enjoying some nice food this week. Personally, I love a good fresh veggie week, so I'm all over the salads, and then last night we had filet mignon in the cute little air fryer I got for him, and today he's getting a cordon bleu and my signature stuffed mushrooms while I divert to brussels sprouts with aged balsamic and parm. He thinks he can live on corndogs and frozen pizza and desserts and popcorn, so yeah, no, we're not doing that. My A1C is way prettier than his and I don't even do the meds (I'm actually worse for symptoms if I don't stringently monitor diet), so the least I can do is say hey, how about a *not* corndog for a holiday weekend? So we're eating nice food.


No comments:

Post a Comment