-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Monday, April 26, 2021

Zilch

Another book publisher in California called and left a message that they were interested in the book How to Train Your Memory by Janika Banks that was recommended to them by their email critics, and they were wanting to get with me about publishing another book.

-_-

No such book exists by that author name. Nada. Zip. Zilch. You can search the internet all day and not ever run into that book by Janika Banks. Any real book publisher worth even a grain of salt wouldn't be that sloppy, I would hope. Either they don't actually research, or these weird phone calls are letting me know something. Again, to be clear, I am not in the mood to do anything drastic or harmful, I'm not intending on disappearing or suddenly realigning my purpose, and if I suddenly behave really off character, assume I've been targeted by some kind of mind control device. (I mean, "How to Train Your Memory"? C'mon...) 

smh

Also, that phone number doesn't appear to be published anywhere. At all. Nada. Zip. Zilch. If that really is a publishing business, they're being very careful about anyone actually finding them with that phone number. I can usually at least verify an address with a free search, but this one very stubbornly requires hard digging. The very closest I can come on that possibly being a business branch number goes to a media production and equipment service that surely can't be connected.

But you know info is available for a price... Except I'm just walking away shaking my head because I'd rather spend my money on gaming. I really can't even imagine how stupid a business is making long distance calls using fictitious merchandise to reel in clients that literally research and data collect for a living.

I'm saving that voice mail. If I'd been more of a trickster type, I'd have saved all of them over the last couple of years and threaded them together into a youtube so you guys can see how ridiculous this has been. Not a single one of them has had correct information about me despite me being prolifically internet published, and ALL of them want information from me. 🤔 And probably money, but the one time I actually picked one of the calls up, I got interrogated and I'll just never do that again.

I'm still wondering how small book publishing companies in general keep getting my unlisted number that definitely isn't attached to my author name in any shape or fashion. No one else seems to ever bother me. Something to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment