-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Sunday, May 30, 2021

bing is still cool with me

This is a long boring meander through web presence between memorial weekend activities that pulled me off game, but if you needed a time filler, there is a mystery that I solve a little ways down that involved a little bit of stalking.


I tried putting myself into google search again for sport and came up with a puny cross cutting of a smattering of my accounts that hardly gives me credit for ANYTHING. Years of stuff is so blocked that it's like I barely exist. I mean, I know I've never been a big thing compared to a lot of people, but I used to have pages of search on me just because I have so much standalone content out there. And as many years as people have been looking me up trying to find more Lexx and stuff (I can see in stats that some people keep my name listed in 'news' queries across browsers instead of listing my stuff into readers), you'd think I'd at least be a noticeable blip on a really scaled down search, so I guess that big bad shadowban was pretty personal.

Bing says we're still cool, though, and they aren't afraid to be seen with me in public. In fact, I'm wondering now if this kind of self organizing search directory is why publishers keep calling me... 🤔 


I think it's hella cute this is the lead-in on my entire web presence now. 😂 


Now I'm cracking up, page 4 of bing search highlights this from twitter ahead of everything else I've ever tweeted.


Ok, this is really interesting. Verified accounts? I don't think they mean me, surely. So I'm checking out the tweets listed here, which I'll link to sources. I found this on page 5 of bing search.


First tweet was a bunch of stuff I was screenshotting into a thread. Did bing just verify that JFK Jr is verified?


Second tweet is obvious, Ellen is a verified actor and I run a fan group, so it was natural to pick this up.


Pretty sure Stephen must be verified as well, since he's published. It's really interesting how bing is marking my tweets about what it claims is verified people. I wouldn't have blinked an eye except JFK Jr was right at the top of that list...


Btw, I think Stephen was Frodo in the original LittleLexx.net fan forum from way back, and I think you can still find his forum posts there since Myke salvaged that forum.


I just had the funnest web mystery search. I wanted to see how many search pages on google would still have Janika Banks in them, and by page 5 it had thinned out so much already that I nearly didn't even see this. My guess is that MAYBE they had my twitter feed on their dotcom? Except I never tweeted anything about a cute salad with a fork like that.


So naturally, I had to go see what the what, right. But just before this page would show up, something would blip on my screen first. I tried getting into this page and wound up in spam hell.


So I decided to get positioned for a quick screenshot of the blip, which turned out to be this. Note the recent date of the web snapshot. I didn't trigger that, so someone is still messing around with that page or something.


Who is @IamBill46? o_O 

And then it hit me to click 'view source'. I love view source, we're like buddies going back years.


I *think* what is happening here is there are share buttons to social medias. I have no idea why a particular interactive tweet that I made is featured.


But then I thought hmmm, I can look up that other user, right.

Nope. His account is just as suspended as my @janikabanks account.


BUT, we actually have a 👉 tweet history. 👈 Apparently a whole group of us were part of Bill's routine although sometimes it was just me replying.

This is an example.


I think I kinda remember Bill, so I started wondering what he got suspended for (probably canceled, like me), and wondered if he was anywhere else online. Yep, I found his name again. Took a little digging, but there he is.

Hi, Bill. 😊


That was cool, huh. But let's get back to what in the world Pinky had to do with ever4day!

Thanx to this screenshot, I realized I was looking at source code on an old deleted wordpress blog. I go back years on wordpress myself, maybe I used a share button on a post I liked.


So I tried doing ever4day.wordpress.com and got nowhere, it's gone. So I simply put ever4day in bing search and got this single link.

Which took me to this new source code. That's it! Pinterest is archiving these old links, and apparently I shared a post to pinterest one year and that is how Pinky wound up bonded forever to ever4day.



Wonder if Angie Vogel is still selling something that is neon glow. Looky this, she migrated to a dotcom! Click on it to check it out.



And here we go, the neon glow. 😁


And now I've gotta say something obvious to google.


You guys shadowbanned the crap outa me, but you are still web caching an old deleted website with my twitter user name in it????

I'm not going to weep when the old junk is wiped out for the new internet.



On a whole other side note, I also ran into a sweet fan edit mourning the big Harrison loss, and of course I've archived it offline so it will never be lost. Fans are precious. You are so welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment