-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

that time it was just me and my chicken


 

I've made it up to the dwarf chapter and now I'm producing granite and suddenly everything is more expensive than ever.

Soon all this will be a distant memory, like the chapters before. One day I'll probably relinquish that lava egg because I'm not the kind of player that can toss out diamonds every time I need a province expansion.



Meanwhile, I've been hitting the chores around the house little harder this week while I run through a couple more TV show marathons in the background while I distract myself from a blood pressure dose change. Everything's all good, mostly getting off an older med I was on for years that really isn't doing an ideal job while I ramp up a newer one doing a more fantastic job.

Ran into this sweet study on nighttime hypertension, it's extremely helpful. 

The problem is simple. Doctors love aggressively pushing meds that squash defiance, like breakout blood pressure, and then they ignore other problems like, oh, I dunno, someone completely stopping breathing in their sleep even on full CPAP until their osat is low enough to create cardiac distress (that's a much nicer sounding phrase than experienced) and waking up is its own hellish nightmare while a whole body hangs in there during oxygen level coming back up and delivering to trillions of impoverished cells, including a very cranky heart, and they look at me blankly and suggest it's psychological. 😑

So my older med is cut in half now over the last week, and voila, I'm waking up BEFORE it gets to that scary part now. Imagine that...

I see sleep doctor next week, will be exciting moving to the next step of discussing bipap now that we got the med problem figured out.

You don't play around with central apnea. You just don't. You know how many people die in their sleep every year? Lots. I refuse to be a statistic over 'maybe it's psychological'. Seriously, 3 different doctors and a nurse told me that in the last 5 months. Yes, I've been dealing with this problem FOR 5 MONTHS. I've had a hospital stay watching heart and a sleep study watching breathing, but bless their little decompartmentalized hearts, no one ever crossed the streams to do both at once, even though I asked them to. Heart people didn't measure osats and sleep study didn't measure blood pressures going crazy. Funny, you'd think that would be a natural direction to go in for cardiac distress in one's sleep.

Also, there's a warning on that old med not to give it to patients over 60. 5 months till I'm 60. And doctors wonder why patients are noncompliant sometimes. My confidence in the medical field this year is even more underwhelmed. Also, when someone starts suggesting that maybe covid causes that when I have a negative test and no other symptoms (hey, we all know covid is this magical thing that can afflict us magically out of the blue like magic, gosh darn any kind of science), what the hell, I'll go do my own medical research. Hence the link up there. Yeah, they used to do this thing called "research".

Anyway, I'm a little more tense than usual between being cranky about that and trying to stay calm about another daughter popping a baby soon in an area well known for its hurricanes, so gaming and chores it is.

Discovered this week that this really old fave came back, so I saved it into my stash. I love fans so much.







I give up for now. I was looking through an old private blog from ages ago for some of the Jack/Johnny stuff I archived about mixing in and out of a couple of fandom areas, but I was so wordy back then that I just spent 2 hours buzzing through only 3 months worth of words. But what the heck, have something else. You're welcome.

Flashbacks from 2007.

Finally got some pictures loaded.  These are all from yesterday.
 
I woke up to this.
 
 
 
 

 

 

This was out my front door.
 
 
 
When I went outside to see Jaizzy, I took my camera with me.
 
 
 
 
One brave cardinal didn't fly away when I walked by.
 
 
 
 
I love the way ice recreates the world.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jaizzy's favorite cherry tree, with the branches weighted down to the ground.
 
 
 
 
There is a squirrel right in the middle of this picture.  It's not the big fat one I spoke of earlier.
 
 
 
He thought he'd move over so I couldn't watch him...
 
 
 
I don't know if the squirrels can even get on their feeder, much less dig the corn out from under the ice.
 
 
 
 
 

This was an old hen who outlived the entire flock, and for some reason went into a hard molt just in time for an ice storm. Jaizzy is the star of one of my first ever confessional posts at walking in the air.
 
Jaizzy was SO glad to get out, even though she was freezing cold.  She wolfed down part of a leftover pork steak and some more cornbread.
 
 
 
The really dark red you see on her wing and chest is new feathers coming in.
 
 
 
The quills on her belly between her legs are fluffing out a little.  Right now to me it looks like she got a 'buzz cut'.  That will get a lot fluffier over the next couple of weeks.
 
 
 
Poor thing still looks so scrawny and raggedy.
 
 
 
 
Today she's as happy as a tourist at a clam bake with a margarita in her hand.  I made her a little taco salad out of last night's leftovers, and she went after it like a kid with a Christmas stocking and then walked around grazing while I popped the straw bale open and cleaned out her nests.  (We never got to it over the weekend.) We didn't have long, about ten minutes into it we both started getting rained on, so I scattered the rest of the straw around her run and she came in admiring the new 'tile' and had to go try out a nest pronto.  She's still molting old feathers around the new ones, and the dandruff is making me crazy, it gets all over like a dog shedding, and makes her water and everything all yucky.  I'll be glad when she's all done with that.  I made it back into the house before I got soaked to the skin, but my hair is still dripping.  The temp has dropped ten degrees in the last 20 minutes, so I timed that one pretty good.  She's done for the day.
 

Random pics from last year's two biggest ice storms.  And this was nothing compared to just north of us, where trees actually exploded from their sap freezing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Guess I need to orient, half a day slipping by and I'm not finishing the things I wanted to get done. I love you guys. Hope your weeks are going well.





No comments:

Post a Comment