-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2020

flashback to the 90s, future 3D minecraft

 

Was rummaging through my closet a couple days ago looking for some really old Sliders fanfics I wrote up to share with a friend (I'll link those when I get them copied), and ran into some old pix. The above is my daughter and I, and that one is likely somewhere around 2000, give or take.

This next is mid-nineties, Scott's 40th. Hawt. Compare that to yesterday's post pic of him. Still has really good physique, always busy, doesn't know he's not supposed to be able to do stuff yet. Carries heavy stuff up ladders kind of guy, then wonders why it's getting harder nowadays.


He didn't want a party, so he's not listening to how the game works.




Halloween, a few years before the birthday pix, kids are younger. We had a pirate and a death by electrocution.




That beard hung around awhile, got a little massive one winter.


Showing off skillz.




My mom and dad when things were still pretty good. I'm really close, if not spot on now, to the age she was in that picture, and I still have brown hair. Really jealous that she still had her eyebrows.


Here's me this year after I whacked all my hair off again during covid lockdown.


Lol, poor dad stuck getting pictures.


Again, a previous year somewhere. We have a vaulted ceiling and got this massive tree, put all the antiques at the top, right. About 5ish a.m. before we got up, we heard the slow crash and scrape, and woke up to every one of those antiques from my childhood smashed to bits at the kitchen entrance. Great way to let go of earthly ties. 😂



And back to today. Moving the tv across the room was a way bigger deal than you'd think.



Ok, the minecraft dream. Remember that one dream I had where in the future minecraft had begun integrating 3D gaming into real life? Like, you could purchase subscription packages that included mapping out a claims area on your real property where you could activate minecraft holograms that were incredibly realistic, like the game had come to life around you. Well in this dream, there were public acreages set up like real minecraft fully integrated into real life public parks, and you could stake out a personal claim area where you could build and keep pets (like mo creatures), and whatever you did would stay on your own claim, which would be game registered with your county to be your real life 'property', kind of like they do on the bigger minecraft servers where plots are laid out and gamers can claim one and do whatever in creative. These real life public plots were set up to behave like multiplayer minecraft servers, with mob spawns showing up, gamerules commands, and auto inventories whenever you physically entered the 3D claim.

So I was running around this public park collecting special edition minecraft drops with a cool toy axe I was really holding in my hand (like catching pokemon on your phone, which you could turn in for more minecraft goodies later), and I saw a super special edition vanilla horse with a saddle on it that was the sort of interactive hologram where you could actually ride it. It looked bigger sized than the rest of the hologram minecraft, like a little kid would be able to climb onto it like a tricycle and make it go as long as it was on claim. It looked like a wooden toy minecraft horse but it was a special edition color, kind of like a mooshroom color but more like red velvet and cream, very rustic and antiquey heirloom kind of look to it, highly collectible. I was too big to ride on it, being an adult, and there weren't any kids in sight, so I just had to leave it there walking around.

Other special drops could be gained by tapping mob holograms with my special axe, and they'd scoop up the same way experience orbs would, like they were attracted to the axe passing over them. Everywhere I ran around in that big park I could see other player builds and pets and whatever hologram carnage they might have left behind. It was so cute I could hardly stand it. The park itself remained pristine and beautiful while players ran around in the sunshine and fresh air.

Can you imagine how cool that would be??? If this is our future tech coming with all the 'release the patents', I'm 100% on board.

This is one of my fave youtubers, and in this episode he had a kid that sometimes plays on the server I mod on, so now I'll always have his voice in my head when I log on. 😀



No comments:

Post a Comment