-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

ojo


The only thing I have on the wall in my entire living room is a medicine wheel.
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/nativevoices/exhibition/healing-ways/medicine-ways/medicine-wheel.html

I got it from this place. You can search it, you're a big kid.


I was playing with my camera in low light while I'm on the couch not feeling sleepy. Intriguing how it wound up looking like a burlap painting.

I've always wanted a really nice mandala ojo. I had one for years that my mom's friend made, very orange and brown, finally became weak from being a dust magnet and being vacuumed, so I let it go. Maybe I'll get another soon.


Ojo de dios originally started with the Huichol tribe and has been adapted worldwide. I grew up seeing them in New Mexico. Sometimes I really miss native southwestern arts and cultures.

Two hours have flown by. I finally put coffee on. Sometimes I can go back to sleep after coffee.

Yeah, I know, all these flashbacks. Get it? Flashbacks. Nevermind.



No comments:

Post a Comment