-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, Basically Clueless & this blog PinkFeldspar, Living in Mirkwood (deleted), and a leaf blowing by in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Friday, May 22, 2020

smarter than smart people


Personally, I think Goethe, as decisive elements go, inherently sees people as awful things that he has the power to manipulate into 'better behavior' based on his judgement. The words are tricky, you see. He makes it look like we create other people with our own actions. What we should be creating is a better more forgiving self.

I know what you'd like to say because I grew up with it. Golden rule, blah blah, treating others blahblahblah. But he didn't say that, did he?

If we treat people how they ought to be based on our prejudgy point of view, then we miss seeing why and how they are who they are NOW. Dismissing them as something to take upon ourselves to train is the opposite of forgiveness.

I know this because I grew up without forgiveness.

Most people are too stupid to read properly and think oh what a wonderful piece of writing.

I see a very selfish man who found a way out of apologizing for being a dullard incapable of seeing into other people's souls.

Egocentrism is fine, I'm not against that. If we weren't friends with our egos, some of us wouldn't survive some things. Recognizing that our egos inflict or heal others is good, I also agree with that. But then he continued to make it all about ego. There is no compassion in this piece of writing. There is judgement and a decision to act based on that judgement. Others are dolls to manipulate, not souls to empathize with and even learn from.

And this is my disgust with philosophical education. I can find flaws in every single one. Goethe has only begun his journey to spiritual transcendence here, but people think it's so great.

Guys, it's ok for you to realize you are smarter than 'smart' people. Let that sink in.

I did that because I'm bored and I finally took a real pain pill. I have some old trazadones left from my gall bladder surgery 2 1/2 years ago, thank goodness. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since this unremitting back pain started. Pretty sure I tore a muscle or something. Up to the point of sudden onset I was jaunting around just fine.

Back to Goethe. He was the very essence of condescending if that was how he really interacted with people. Kind of like President Snow.

Ok, I think I'm done picking on him. Well, technically I'm refraining. I'm really good at blathering on when I have a pain pill in my head.

My mood, lol. That's right, still euphoric. On a pain pill. 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment